Sluts, Herpes, and Hillary Clinton
0 day until Obama is out of office
2017-01-20 11:09:40 UTC
“I’m a slut, and I have herpes. I still am a person who deserves
respect,” blogger Ella Dawson tweeted as part of her campaign to
remove the “cultural stigma” surrounding sexually transmitted
diseases. The Wesleyan grad gained notoriety and celebrity
online after writing an article in Women’s Health titled “Why I
Love Telling People I Have Herpes.” A follow-up article at
Medium defended her position.

Some -- like Hillary Clinton -- praised Dawson for being “brave
and insightful,” while others condemned her for being “stupid.”

In the words of the ever-candid Dr. House:

Yesterday’s sluts are today’s empowered women. Today’s sluts are
celebrities. If that isn’t progress ...

Hillary Clinton certainly agrees with House. She even sent
Dawson a thank you note praising her for speaking out against
the “stigma” and for standing up to her critics:

Ella Dawson ? @brosandprose
Here's my long overdue essay on how the Alt-Right made me their
favorite feminist plaything until I had a breakdown:
http://bit.ly/2bUffZr
Follow
Ella Dawson ? @brosandprose
Thank you, @HillaryClinton, for reading. I'm incredibly moved.
To be accurate, I'm ugly crying. #ImWithHer
pic.twitter.com/kt5tAVWrFX
2:56 PM - 6 Sep 2016

Dawson was thrilled to receive the letter, of course, because it
elevated, at least in the minds of some, her campaign to make
contracting oozing sores on your genitalia “cool.”

In other words, and like other “sex-positive” feminists and
liberals who want to legitimize every social deviancy while
stigmatizing anyone who disagrees with them, the 24-year-old
Dawson is using social media platforms and a hashtag campaign
(#ShoutYourStatus) to justify her behavior and to ease her
feelings of guilt.

Instead of simply making the common-sense case for respecting
people who are hurting and not stigmatizing them because they
made a mistake -- you know, the Golden Rule -- Dawson goes much
further.

She denies the moral context of how an STD is contracted. She
refuses to take responsibility for her bad behavior. She
perpetuates misinformation about the seriousness of the disease.

And, she plays the victim. Isn’t feminism glorious?

Writes Dawson:

I wasn’t the sort of person STDs happened to. I was a Planned
Parenthood volunteer, a sexuality studies major, and everyone’s
go-to friend when they had questions about losing their
virginity. How could I have caught something when I had always
been so careful?
First of all, being a feminist isn’t a full-body condom. Second,
there is no such thing as 100-percent certified safe sex when
you’re doing it with strangers or just having casual sex with
multiple partners.

How can anyone be so surprised when a risky game of sex roulette
ends badly?

After discovering that she had contracted herpes, Dawson found
solace in the internet, scouring websites for information about
the disease. She says she was surprised to learn that herpes is
a lot more common than she thought, which oddly reassured her
(misery loves company).

Dawson also discovered a “powerful and invisible stigma
associated with sexually transmitted diseases” that keeps people
from “chatting about herpes the way they discuss allergies.”

Yes, she did make that comparison. Does she not realize that
herpes, unlike allergies, is contagious?

That’s why potential sex partners get that wide-eyed look on
their faces when they find out you have it -- it’s not judgment,
it’s legit fear. Since when is simply not wanting to get a
lifelong infection a form of stigma?

There’s another reason people don’t want to talk about herpes
the way they discuss allergies: it’s a disease contracted while
having sex. There’s a degree of privacy when discussing it that
isn’t there with peanut butter allergies.

Dawson also, nonsensically, believes that contracting herpes has
nothing to do with her behavior.

She writes:

On a logical level. I knew that getting herpes had nothing to do
with my actions and didn't say anything about my character.
On a logical level? Really? She repeats this brilliant display
of logic in a TED Talk:

An STI, especially herpes, is not a reflection of your character
or a consequence of a bad decision.
Neither is it, as she writes at Medium, “a consequence of
personal choices.”

Sorry to break this to you, but an STD is the direct result of a
personal choice. And if you’re a slut -- as she claims -- that
is, by definition, a reflection of your character.

Fact: if she had never had casual sex, she would have never
contracted genital herpes.

Instead of taking responsibility for her own bad choices, Dawson
wants to throw logic -- and morality -- to the wind and justify
her behavior by recasting the entire narrative about STDs into
something positive: It’s just something that magically happens
to you. You’re a passive victim, and there’s nothing you could
have done to stop it. So you’re not guilty of anything. And most
of all, you don’t have to feel ashamed.

This might come as a shock to Dawson and other moral
relativists, but shame isn’t always a bad thing.

The personal shame you feel when you’ve done something wrong is
healthy, because it leads you (or should) to conviction that
will help you change your behavior.

Because society has become so sexualized, of course, most don’t
feel that conviction until something negative happens as a
result -- like blisters on your genitals that keep coming back.

So maybe think of STDs as a life lesson that you need to learn
from.

When you contract an STD like herpes, not only is your own
health compromised, but the health of all future partners is put
at risk (that’s how she got it). You should come to the
realization that casual sex isn’t so casual anymore -- it never
was.

Because you can't simply "destigmatize" dangerous behavior.
Casual sex had been properly defined all along -- it’s merely
another game of roulette. And that realization is bound to make
anyone with a conscience feel bad.

This personal shame is not something that should define one’s
entire character, and through forgiveness of one’s self, that
shame should be released. No one should live under shame
forever. But getting an STD is reflective of a bad decision, one
that has life-changing consequences.

Dawson doesn’t seem to have learned her lesson. She simply
doesn’t want to confront that personal shame, or the morality
that goes with it. She just wants it gone, somehow. By
“chatting” about it, by connecting with everyone else who has
herpes as if it’s a club, by distastefully pretending it's just
like being born with a dangerous allergies, and by becoming an
Internet celebrity for having herpes, the shame disappears,
replaced by celebration and pride. STDs become something good,
not bad. (I wonder if Dawson works at the Ministry of Truth.)
And instead of learning from her mistake of engaging in behavior
that always comes with risk, Dawson continues it.

I’m not saying she or anyone else with herpes should become
celibate -- if someone wants to risk having sex with an infected
partner, that’s their choice. But for individuals and society as
a whole to ignore the behavior that led to the disease will only
perpetuate the problem. Dawson doesn’t seem to see this
connection -- and this where her campaign gets dangerous.

She goes so far as to say herpes is “harmless,” and that’s
dangerous misinformation.

In an interview with Salon, Dawson said the disease has actually
made her sex life better:

Herpes is such a great way to weed out jerks. It’s like the
metal detector of douchebags because if somebody is scared of
something so harmless, they’re just not worth your time. I have
a really high bar for the people I date. Most people have risen
to it amazingly. That’s not to say I’ve only had committed
relationships; I’ve had casual sex since getting diagnosed, it’s
just always with the conversation of: This is a reality, how do
we want to handle this? Do you want to use condoms? What are you
most comfortable with? What makes sense for you?
Herpes is not harmless.

According to the Mayo Clinic, genital herpes is highly
contagious with many health risks, including brain damage,
blindness or death in a newborn, bladder problems requiring a
catheter, meningitis, rectal inflammation, damage to the nervous
system, and an increased risk of “transmitting or contracting
other STDs.”

And there’s always a risk of contracting it if you have sex with
someone who has the disease, even if they’re not experiencing a
breakout.

So if you’re a guy who doesn’t want to risk, say, brain damage?
Dawson thinks you’re a jerk. A douchebag.

If you want to remain healthy and not get painful pustules on
your lower regions? Dawson says you’re a terrible human being.

I’m sure it does make her feel bad when someone doesn’t want to
have sex with her because he’s afraid of getting herpes -- but
that’s not stigma. If Dawson would take responsibility for her
own actions and stop playing the victim, she might understand
that, and respect that other people’s decisions can’t cater to
her feelings.

If anyone is being a douchebag when it comes to STDs, it’s
Dawson. And anyone who praises her for being brave. There’s
nothing brave about admitting you have an STD if all you’re
doing is perpetuating the problem. The only people who need to
know about your STD are those you are intimate with.

Telling them isn’t bravery. It’s simply the right thing to do.

https://pjmedia.com/blog/sluts-herpes-and-hillary-clinton/

Comments:

WalterWhite • 4 months ago
Need anymore proof that Liberalism is a vile mental disorder?
46 • Reply•Share ›
SpiderGawd WalterWhite • 4 months ago
Nah. Its probably an STD too. Syphilis can drive you crazy also
I have read.
18 • Reply•Share ›
JoeSchmuckatelli SpiderGawd • 4 months ago
Relatively harmless meningitis:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/dise...
3 • Reply•Share ›
-
no mo uro SpiderGawd • 4 months ago
Intelligent life and a sane, sustainable society are
incompatible with an environment which has an absence of
feedback mechanisms.

This girl (inappropriate to call her a woman) CHOSE to engage in
behavior that has been identified as risky and dangerous and has
been the object of social norming by every civilization since we
stopped living in caves, and which results in having running,
stinking, purulent sores on her ***@lia that pose a threat of
infection to her future potential husband and to any offspring
she might have. Then she DEMANDS that we respect what she did
and the horrible results, that we remove any metrics or
judgement for her stupid and frankly dangerous behavior, and
that there be no consequences or shame or any possibility of
anything negative in her life as a result of said behavior.

She is an individual doing this, but it is part of a much larger
problem faced by the U.S. and the West. It's all a part of the
Universalist heresy, and the resulting desire for individuals to
avoid all anxiety and all risk of loss of status no matter the
costs to other people and society - and the desire to do
whatever one wants and never have the possibility of negative
consequences. This desire to live in a universe where there is
no such thing as cause and effect is as evil as it is impossible.

Some behaviors just need to end in dire and perhaps permanent
negative circumstances. The person who screws up learns, and
perhaps others see them screw up and learn. Remove the feedback
loops and try to create a society where no action will ever
result in a bad end result and that society will crash and burn,
as it should.
10 • Reply•Share ›
St Reformed SpiderGawd • 14 days ago
That reminds me: Lately Bubba looks like a garden full of STDs.
Does Hillary still touch him?
1 • Reply•Share ›

emkcams WalterWhite • 4 months ago
This woman is a vile mental disorder, as well as the people who
agree with her on this subject.
16 • Reply•Share ›
texasken emkcams • 3 months ago
One being a candidate for President.
6 • Reply•Share ›
MylittleSunshine1231 texasken • 3 months ago
Yep, Herpes does cause brain damage as in Hillary's case
4 • Reply•Share ›
St Reformed MylittleSunshine1231 • 14 days ago
Blame Bubba: It happened long ago.
1 • Reply•Share ›

&
2017-01-20 18:43:23 UTC
fake flooding its to hide online dealing they steal your credit card
numbers too its from peter j ross greg hall and alt usenet kooks report
them to fbi . i win
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Crs897dWEAAsW9f.jpg:small
[...]
vile mental disorder? 46 • Reply•Share › Avatar SpiderGawd
WalterWhite • 4 months ago Nah. Its probably an STD too. Syphilis can
drive you crazy also I have read. 18 • Reply•Share › Avatar
JoeSchmuckatelli SpiderGawd • 4 months ago Relatively harmless
http://www.mayoclinic.org/dise... 3 • Reply•Share › - Avatar no mo
[...]
Reply•Share › Avatar St Reformed SpiderGawd • 14 days ago That
reminds me: Lately Bubba looks like a garden full of STDs. Does
Hillary still touch him? 1 • Reply•Share ›
emkcams WalterWhite • 4 months ago This woman is a vile mental
disorder, as well as the people who agree with her on this subject.
16 • Reply•Share › Avatar texasken emkcams • 3 months ago One being
a candidate for President. 6 • Reply•Share › Avatar
MylittleSunshine1231 texasken • 3 months ago Yep, Herpes does cause
brain damage as in Hillary's case 4 • Reply•Share › Avatar St
--
i am & the great . i win